The role of the Office of Institutional Advancement/Office of Sponsored Programs and Research is to further the mission and goals of Tougaloo College. Our major aim is to provide leadership and promote involvement among individuals and other constituents who support and are willing to help advance the College. We deliver services, adhering to the highest professional standards and codes of ethics, while building and sustaining a culture of philanthropy that promotes open communication, inclusivity, mutuality, collaboration and teamwork.
Please note, grants at Tougaloo College are varied in both the scope of work promised and the source of funds. In determining whether grants are recorded as monies received by the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs or Corporate and Foundation Relations, consideration must be given to the philanthropic intent of the professional association, corporation, and/or private foundation and the allowance by the funding agency for administrative overhead expenses.
The general rule is: grants from a private philanthropic foundation, corporate foundation or corporation do not have administrative overhead expenses and are administered by Corporate and Foundation Relations.
Authorization to Apply and Submit.
As the U.S. Department of Education Title III Program Administrator, OIA/OSPR is responsible for:
- Ensuring the goals and objectives of the Title III Activities are accomplished and documented;
- Ensuring the Activity Directors are successfully working toward completion of each activity’s goals and objectives, as well as, ensuring that all funds are expended as allocated and allowed by federal regulations;
- Completion of the annual grant application package and completion of the electronic annual performance report;
- The day-to-day management of all Title III expenditures;
- Preparing reports to the College administration, as well as, the staff at the U.S. Department of Education.
We are here to help you. Feel free to call, email, visit, or write the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research.
Office Sponsored Programs and Research / Title III
500 West County Line Road
Tougaloo, MS 39174
6310 Arbor View Drive
Title III Assistant Director
Post Awards Coordinator