Welcome to The Office of Career Services
The Office of Career Services aims to prepare scholars for life after college, by offering opportunities for advancement by becoming knowledgeable of current career opportunities, experiential learning opportunities, and offering professional support in areas such as: resume writing, mock interviews, and professional speech and attire.
Melissa McCoy, Ph.D.
Director of Career Pathways/Career Services/QEP
Ms. Patrice Sims
Location: Zenobia Coleman Library
Planning with an End in Mind
The Office of Career Services’ (OCS) mission is to provide opportunities for students concerning the selection of career objectives, employment opportunities, graduate and professional school selection and other career related activities. In order to carry out this mission effectively, the OCS provides students with opportunities to engage in meaningful activities related to career development and employment. All students, from freshman year to graduation and beyond, are encouraged to take full advantage of these valuable services. Experiential Learning Documents
- Office Of Career Pathways-Career Services-Experiental Learning Packet (No Placement)
- Office of Career Pathways-Career Services-Experiential Learning Packet (Placement)
What is Experiential Learning and why is it important?
- Experiential learning is an approach to education that emphasizes engaged student learning through direct experience and intense reflection to increase knowledge, acquire lifelong learning and problem-solving skills, and elucidate values. Research has shown experiential learning increases the quality and depth of academic study and makes learning more enjoyable and fulfilling for both students and teachers. Experiential learning can come in many different forms at Tougaloo College and can occur both in and outside the classroom. All scholars matriculating through Tougaloo College are required to complete a form of experiential learning. Types of experiential learning that students may be exposed to through Experience Learning include:
- Clinical Experience
- Field Work
- Simulations and gaming/role playing
- Student Teaching
- Study Abroad
- Undergraduate Research
Roadmap to your College Success……
Career counseling is available to all students. Individual counseling helps address the following questions:
- Who am I and what are my talents, skills and interest?
- Where do I want to go?
- How do I get there?
Use the following From College to Career Guide to aid you in your successful matriculation at the College.
Students! Get FOCUSed On Your Future!
FOCUS2 is an online, self-guided, interactive program designed to help you select the right college major and plan your career based on your personal interests, values, skills, personality, and aspirations.
Career Services Survey
Career Development Resource Center (Canvas) - Career Development is a “continuous lifelong process of developmental experiences that
focuses on seeking, obtaining and processing information about self, occupational and educational alternatives, lifestyles and role options”.
Handshake is our free online job database for students and alumni. Search for part-time jobs, internships, and full-time jobs. https://tougaloo.joinhandshake.com/login