The Office of Accessibility Services (OAS)




Greetings Scholar!

Tougaloo College is committed to fostering an accessible and inclusive learning environment for our scholars. We recognize that some scholars may have unique constraints that require scholarly accommodations to ensure equal access to educational/college life opportunities. If you are a scholar who requires scholarly accommodations due to a disability, medical condition, or other conditions, we encourage you to take advantage of our accommodation services.

By self-identifying, you will receive essential support to flourish scholastically and take full advantage of our services, programs, and activities.

Below, you will find the necessary documents to initiate your accommodation request. It's important to note that, as per our policies and procedures, a High School IEP, 504 Plan, or a letter from a physician will not suffice for documenting ADD or ADHD. The documentation you provide must be dated within three years of your application for accommodations in higher education. Additionally, thorough and comprehensive documentation from your provider is required.

Types of Documentation Required

  • Credentials of the Evaluator
  • A diagnostic statement identifying the disability
  • Description of the diagnostic methodology and evaluation methods used (Clinical Narrative)
  • Description of current functional limitations
  • Description of the expected progression or stability of the disability
  • Description of current and past accommodations, services, and/or medications
  • Recommendations for accommodations and/or services
  • Description of criteria for specific diagnosis
  • Evaluation methods, procedures/tests, dates of administration, observations, and specific results
  • One measure of aptitude (for a learning disability assessment)
  • Measures of achievement in reading, math, and written language (for a learning disability assessment)

It's crucial that each evaluator possesses expertise in their respective areas and follows established practices in the field. They should be fully licensed, credentialed, and have no personal relationship with you. Qualified professionals include physicians, psychiatrists, psychologists, optometrists/vision specialists, audiologists, neurologists, oncologists, and other specialists trained and certified in their respective fields.



If you have any questions or need further assistance you can reach the Office of Accessibility Services at 601.977.7818 or email at