- New students must confirm attendance with the Office of Admissions at 601-977-7772 prior to proceeding with course selection and registration.
- Students should meet with an advisor for advising and early course selection.
- Students who are new or are undecided about a major should contact the Student Success Office at 601-977-6182.
- Students who are unable to contact their advisor, do not know their advisor or who have not been assigned an advisor must contact their major Department Chair.
MAJOR DECLARATION/CHANGE FORM
- All students must have a Major Declaration Form on file in their major department.
- All first year students will declare a major in their Student Success class.
- Students whose major is incorrect on their “Loo” Account or desire to change their major must contact the Office of Student Success to make the appropriate change. A copy of the completed Major Declaration Form or a new Major Declaration Form will be forwarded to the major advisor.
ON-LINE COURSE SELECTION PROCEDURES
- See advisor for advising and course selection approval.
- Complete approved Trial Schedule and Course Request Form available on the Tougaloo College website at www.tougaloo.edu/admissions/office-registrar.
- Secure signatures (Advisor and Advisee). Overloads (19 hours or above) must be approved by an Administrator in the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Leave duplicate copy of the approved Trial Schedule & Course Request Form with advisor.
- Student may enter approved courses on their “Loo” Account. Advisor must approve courses by clicking on “Advisor Approval” button. (Optional: Advisor may also enter courses in “The Loo”.)
Students entering during the fall semester will receive a Financial Aid Award Letter for both semesters (fall and spring) once all required financial aid documents have been submitted.
Students without a Financial Aid Award Letter must contact a Financial Aid representative at 601-977-7769.
HOW TO COMPLETE ONLINE REGISTRATION
- Log in to “The Loo” using your assigned Username and Password.
- Click on the Student Tab
- Select Online Registration (on the left)
- Select Student Schedule
- Change Term to current term (example: Fall 2020-2021, Spring 2020-2021)
- Select Add/Drop Courses (on the left)
- Complete the Personal Information Update Form
- Complete the Registration Agreement Form
- Accept Conditions
- Review your Confirmation Page
- CONGRATULATIONS! YOU ARE REGISTERED!
You may direct your on-line registration questions to email@example.com.
All students must have a valid Tougaloo College ID card. After completing the registration process, new students must present Student Account Statement to take photo for the ID card. Representatives from Information Technology will be able to address questions at 601-977-7822.
Due to COVID-19 yearbook pictures will be taken at a later date.
AUTOMOBILE REGISTRATION DECAL
Students with an automobile must register the vehicle and purchase a Tougaloo College auto decal from Campus Security. Questions should be directed to the Office of Security at 601-977-7876.
SCHEDULE CHANGES PROCEDURES (Drop/Add)
- See Advisor for schedule change approval.
- Complete and print a Drop/Add Form located at www.tougaloo.edu/admissions/office-registrar.
- Secure signatures (Instructors, Advisor and Advisee). Overloads (19 hours or above) must be approved by an Administrator in the Office of Academic Affairs. (Overload options not available to new students).
- Leave Drop/Add Form with Advisor.
- Students may enter approved courses in their “Loo” account. Advisors must approve the course(s) by clicking on “Advisor Approval” button. (Optional: Advisor may also enter course change(s) into “The Loo”.)
*Questions concerning procedures for logging in to The Loo should be directed to the Office of Information Technology Help Desk at 601-977-7822 or firstname.lastname@example.org.