The Tougaloo College Honors Program (TCHP) is an enrichment curriculum designed to enhance its participants’ academic engagement, career discernment, community involvement, and scholastic development through a transformative learning experience.
Participants in the TCHP are linked with an academic mentor and required to participate in a variety of program requirements in addition to the specialized TCHP coursework and curriculum.
High school seniors with the following are invited to apply to the TCHP:
- 3.25 GPA
- 24 ACT score (or SAT equivalent)
- Evidence of leadership & civic engagement
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (one academic, one non-academic)
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- 500-600 word admission essay
We are here to help you. Feel free to call, email, visit, or write the Honors Program.
W. Miranda Freeman, Ph.D.
Honors Program Director
Berkshire Cottage, 210
Division of Humanities - Honors Program
500 West County Line Road
Tougaloo, MS 39174