You must check out with an RA! Both you and your RA will go through your completely empty room, noting any problems and discrepancies between the opening condition of your room and the check-out condition. You will both sign the Room Condition Report and you will give your keys directly to the RA.
NOTE: If you do not check out properly with your RA you may be charged fees that could have been avoided. Your RA does not assess damage charges, so you will be contacted after you leave, if necessary.
Your RA will post available times for check out appointments. Please sign up for an appointment at least 24 hours in advance of your projected departure. If you can’t check out during any of these times, please check with other staff in the building or your community’s front desk.
To avoid charges you must:
- Take all of your belongings.
- All drawers and closets should be completely empty.
- The floor must be cleaned and vacuumed/swept/mopped. Wipe down the bathrooms in any suite-style rooms.
- All trash must be taken out.
- Remove everything from the floors, walls, ceiling, etc.
- Unplug and remove all electrical appliances, turn the lights off, lock the windows and shut the blinds.
- Leave Heat/AC unit turned on low.
Check out with your RA once your belongings have been removed (be sure to lock your room).