The duties are generally classified as: (a) providing safety and security services that will meet on a 24-hour basis the many diverse needs of an active college community, (b) checking for safety and security hazards before they occur, and (c) offering necessary assistance in emergencies.
- Investigates all accidents and other incidents, either criminal or non-criminal, and handling and reporting them appropriately
- Maintains a courteous and respectful attitude toward all persons
- Maintains daily written duty log of activities and prepare written reports, as necessary
- Maintains sensitive, confidential information in a secure manner
- Monitors and checks all vehicles and pedestrians entering campus
- Patrols and checks all areas of the campus grounds and buildings for both potential and actual safety and security hazards
- Properly operates and use departmental equipment, vehicles, etc.
- Regulates and enforces traffic and parking policies
- Requires working nights/weekends/holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for 8 hours, walk, stoop, bend, and run
- Must be able to work in inclement weather or weather extremes
- Applicants should have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED) and must have a valid Mississippi driver’s license.
Please include the position you are applying for in the “Subject” line of your e-mail.
In order to apply for a position, click the Employment Application link and complete the form.
Mail Documents to
Attention: Director of Human Resources
500 West County Line Road
Tougaloo, MS 39174
Fax Documents to
ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, AGE,
NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, DISABILITY, CITIZENSHIP, VETERAN STATUS, GENETIC
INFORMATION, GENDER IDENTITY; OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS. THE COLLEGE
PROHIBITS SEXUAL HARASSMENT, INCLUDING SEXUAL VIOLENCE.
TOUGALOO COLLEGE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION