The Project Assistant (PA) will be responsible primarily for all day-to-day activities of the Program for Undergraduate Summer Research Experience (PURSUE). The PA, housed at Tougaloo College, will report directly to the Tougaloo College PI (Dr. Santanu Banerjee), and provide necessary input to collaborating Co-PIs and the USCMS personnel.
• Full-time staff position expected duties.
• Coordinating and tabulating recruitment of trainees.
• Communicating to applicants on the application status.
• Communicating with the selection committee and facilitating the selection process.
• Notification to applicants of the selection decision.
• Making travel and housing arrangements for the trainees (at Fermilab and research site) and the facilitators (at Fermilab).
• Assist in collecting data for evaluation, evaluating price quotes, and ordering the trainee laptops, and assisting the PI and collaborators with functional aspects of the grant.
• Travel to Fermilab for one week before the start of the summer training to ensure all training aspects are set up and be present in Fermilab throughout the two-week training period to ensure smooth functioning of the initial two-week training.
• Maintain continuous contact with the students and the participating lab mentors during the following eight-week research period to provide any necessary assistance.
• Provide similar assistance to continuing students during the academic year, including travel arrangements for student travel during the academic year.
• Assist the Lead PI with course registration of the students.
• Assist with Education and Outreach efforts, especially to underserved populations.
• The PA, housed at Tougaloo College, will report directly to the Tougaloo College PI (Banerjee) and provide necessary input to collaborating Co-PIs and the USCMS personnel.
• Undergraduate degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Skills necessary for filling program-related financial, professional, and data collection paperwork.
• Sound judgment, confidentiality, and integrity required.
• Strong communication and computer skills.
• Exhibit excellent customer service and professional demeanor.
In order to apply for a position, click the Employment Application link and complete the form.
Attention: Director of Human Resources
500 West County Line Road
Tougaloo, MS 39174
TOUGALOO COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, AGE,
NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, DISABILITY, CITIZENSHIP, VETERAN STATUS, GENETIC
INFORMATION, GENDER IDENTITY; OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS. THE COLLEGE
PROHIBITS SEXUAL HARASSMENT, INCLUDING SEXUAL VIOLENCE.