The Advancement Logistics Coordinator will effectively plan, organize, manage and execute high quality event logistics for Institutional Advancement, including the Annual Athletic Fundraiser, Founders’ Week, Annual Business Luncheon, Two Rivers Gala, Receptions and other donor related events. Maintain master calendar and track all event goals, budgets, timelines, quotes, invoices, purchase orders and agreements/contracts. Coordinate and execute pre-planning logistics and day-of-event event logistics to include preparation, set-up, and tear-down at event sites and/or venues, along with serving as point of contact for vendors supporting décor, sound, lighting, photography and videography. S/He must be able to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously and possess the ability to work under pressure to meet competing deadlines. S/He must be able to work flexible or extended hours including weekends, as needed.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Marketing or a related field with two to three years of experience in managing fundraising or major events.
2. Demonstrated leadership with an entrepreneurial, collaborative and results-oriented approach to lead and drive the production of high-quality events.
3. Highly organized and able to prioritize and produce under pressure, even willing to pull their sleeves up to get the job done.
4. Ability to maintain creativity while working in a fast-paced work environment.
5. Experience managing and implementing multiple projects.
6. Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively and display superior judgment and diplomatic skills.
7. Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
8. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
9. Flexibility to work late evenings and occasional weekends due to the nature of events.
10. Strong organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
11. Ability to work well independently and within a team.
12. Possesses meticulous attention to detail.
In order to apply for a position, click the Employment Application link and complete the form.
Mail Documents to
Attention: Director of Human Resources
500 West County Line Road
Tougaloo, MS 39174
Fax Documents to
ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, AGE,
NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, DISABILITY, CITIZENSHIP, VETERAN STATUS, GENETIC
INFORMATION, GENDER IDENTITY; OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS. THE COLLEGE
PROHIBITS SEXUAL HARASSMENT, INCLUDING SEXUAL VIOLENCE.
TOUGALOO COLLEGE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION