At this time, there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 at Tougaloo College.
COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) INFORMATION FOR TOUGALOO COMMUNITY
Tougaloo College continues to closely monitor the global outbreak of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
If you have any concerns or questions regarding COVID-19, please, contact the Campus Clinic at 601-957-6776 to reach Dr. Janice Bacon, Director of Clinical Quality, or Ms. Montoyae Leavy, Nurse Practitioner.
PRECAUTIONARY STEPS TOUGALOO COLLEGE HAS TAKEN:
- Cancelled all student activities until further notice.
- Closed dining hall and bookstore until further notice.
- Closed residence halls until further notice.
- Convened a COVID-19 response team.
- Extended spring break for students.
- Halted leasing and non-essential operation of facilities until further notice.
- Initiated cleaning and sanitizing facilities, including all office buildings and residence halls, using recommended hygiene protocols.
- Initiated remote class instruction delivery plan. Remote instruction (online or alternative format) begins March 23, 2020.
- Prohibited College or grant-sponsored travel until further notice.
3/26/2020 – Encouragement from Chaplain Bolden
3/25/2020 - Remote Instruction Has Started
3/18/2020 - Spring Semester 2020 and Commencement Update
3/13/2020 -Tougaloo Transitions to Remote Instruction
3/1/2020 - Tougaloo Prepares for Coronavirus
AT&T - $10 a month internet access for qualifying limited income households
Charter - free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days
Comcast - 60 days of complimentary Internet
Public Health Advisories