OIA/OSPR is your One-Stop Shop for grant research, proposal development, submissions and grant management. Our team is dedicated to supporting faculty and staff with meeting the College’s current strategic objectives. The OIA/OSPR team works closely with Project Investigators to insure that guidelines for specific grants are followed. OIA/OSPR is dedicated to assisting faculty and maintaining strong relationships with funding agencies.
Pre-Award Services Include:
- Disseminate information about funding opportunities and funding trends;
- Coordinate submission for all proposal requests for external funding.
- Review all proposals for external funding.
- Coordinate negotiation of contract/proposal terms and programmatic and budgetary changes on behalf of the College.
- Serve as liaison between the College and its sponsors by accepting grants and contracts.
Post-Award Services Include:
- Serve as liaison between funding agencies and Principal Investigators.
- Coordinate budget revisions required by funding agency.
- Ensure grants are closed by contract period and all expenses relating to grants have been drawn down from funding agency.
- Coordinate copyrights and patents to safeguard the interests of the inventors and the College.
- Design processes and tools to ensure compliance withal grant and contract requirements including programmatic reports, documented policies, audited financials, etc.
- Prepare quarterly, semi-annual, annual and/or other reports for dissemination to constituents of the College; gather information related to grants administration for annual audit.
Institutional Review Board (IRB):
The IRB is an administrative body established to protect the rights and welfare of human research subjects recruited to participate in research activities conducted under the auspices of Tougaloo College. The College’s IRB has the authority to approve, require modifications in, or disapprove all research activities that fall within its jurisdiction as specified by both the federal regulations and the College’s policy. OIA/OSPR serves as the IRB Administrators.
For more information, contact Kerry Thomas (601) 977-4463 or email@example.com.