The Grant Resource Center has been designed to provide value-added services to support faculty and staff with proposal development, submission and management.
- http://www.naturalreaders.com/ - Listen to your proposal draft being read out loud by your computer before you submit it.
- http://www.perrla.com/ - APA and MLA style software
- http://www.grammarly.com/ - Grammarly is an automated proofreader and your personal grammar coach. Correct up to 10 times more mistakes than popular word processors.
- http://turnitin.com/en_us/ - Plagiarism Checker
- http://www.easybib.com/ - Free Bibliography Generator - MLA, APA, Chicago styles
- http://www.calvin.edu/library/knightcite/ - Citation service
- https://www.dailypage.co/ - Daily writing prompts to encourage you to write.
- http://www.policeone.com/ - Powered by PoliceOne, PoliceGrantsHelp.com, a comprehensive resource for Police Grants information and free grant assistance, features the most extensive law enforcement grant database ever created, with a library of information not only for federal grant programs, but also state, local and corporate grant opportunities.
- https://www.bja.gov/ProgramDetails.aspx?Program_ID=59 - DOJ Justice Assistance Grants (JAG) Formula Grants that go to every state.
Grants for police & fire
Sources Offering Grant Opportunities
- http://www.grantgopher.com - Your underground connection to available grants for nonprofits!
- http://efficientgov.com/ - Fee based grant information
- http://www.grantwatch.com/ - Fee based grant information
- http://www.techsoup.org - TechSoup is a nonprofit with a clear focus: providing other nonprofits and libraries with technology that empowers them to fulfill their missions and serve their communities. As part of that goal, we provide technology products and information geared specifically to the unique challenges faced by nonprofits and libraries.
- http://www.Naeir.org - Companies donate their excess merchandise to NAEIR. Uncle Sam gives them a tax deduction and we give all the stuff to schools, churches and non-profits for FREE. NAEIR members can use all those extra supplies and tools to help teachers give better lessons, shelters take care of more people and churches provide more help for the needy. Everyone wins! When a donation shipment comes in to NAEIR’s warehouse in Galesburg, Illinois, the merchandise is sorted, organized and photographed for our website and catalogs. Each month our members receive NAEIR catalogs filled with all sorts of things they need to operate their organizations. Toys, clothes, books, office supplies, tools, toiletries, DVD’s, crafts…even things like copy machines and flat screen televisions! All the merchandise is FREE—members only pay a small fee to cover the cost of shipping* and handling. On average, our members receive $18,000 worth of free merchandise each year**. Some of our Premier members are able to collect up to $40,000 in free products and supplies! There’s absolutely no limit on how much a member can request and we say, “The more the better!” Merchandise must be used for the care of the ill, needy or minors and cannot be bartered, traded or sold. The merchandise can be given directly to the qualifying individuals an organization serves or used in the administration of the organization. $59.00 Basic Fee / $9.00 Teachers
- http://www.crdnet.org - The Council for Resource Development (CRD) is the essential education and networking choice for all community college development professionals. CRD connects, educates, supports, strengthens, and celebrates community college development professionals.
- http://www.nordp.org - National Organization of Research Development Professionals (NORDP) - Research Development professionals support the efforts of faculty to secure extramural research funding and initiate and nurture critical partnerships throughout the institutional research enterprise, among institutions, and with external stakeholders.
- http://www.google.com/grants/ - $10,000 in free ad words through google for nonprofits
- http://www.metlife.com/mmi/index.html - Data on Seniors. The MetLife Mature Market Institute is MetLife’s center of expertise in aging, longevity and the generations and is a recognized thought leader by business, the media, opinion leaders and the public. The Institute’s groundbreaking research, insights, strategic partnerships and consumer education expand the knowledge and choices for those in, approaching or working with the 40+ market.
- http://www.aecf.org/ - Data on kids. KIDS COUNT The Casey Foundation provides funding and technical assistance for a nationwide network of KIDS COUNT grantee projects. They collect data on and advocate for the well-being of children at the state and local levels.
- http://kff.org/ - Health data. Kaiser Family Foundation is a non-profit organization focusing on national health issues, as well as the U.S. role in global health policy.
- http://www.countyhealthrankings.org - The County Health Rankings & Roadmaps program is a collaboration between the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin. The annual County Health Rankings measure vital health factors, including high school graduation rates, obesity, smoking, unemployment, access to healthy foods, the quality of air and water, income, and teen births in nearly every county in America.
- http://www.city-data.com/ - A collection of data from numerous sources to create complete and interesting profiles of all U.S. cities.
- http://www.DataPlace.org - DataPlace is your free online source for housing and demographic data about your community, your region, and the nation.
- http://www.epodunk.com - Information on Cities, Counties, Towns & Communities
- http://www.census.gov - United States Census data.
- http://www.qualtrics.com/ - Qualtrics. Sophisticated assessments made simple. Qualtrics' online survey platform keeps you in the know.
Military and Federal Government Agency Surplus Websites
- http://www.dispositionservices.dla.mil/ - DLA Disposition Services (formerly known as the Defense Reutilization and Marketing Service) is part of the Defense Logistics Agency. Our mission is to anticipate needs and deliver great performance to our customers through the reuse, transfer, donation, sale or disposal of excess property. 1033 Program
- http://www.govliquidation.com/ - Government inventory sold to anybody.
- http://www.govdeals.com/ - Government inventory sold to anybody.
- http://www.publicsurplus.com/ - Government inventory sold to anybody.
- http://www.SlapSale.com - A Business to Business /Business to Consumer online auction consignment house, offering assets from the United States Bankruptcy Court, corporate lenders, municipalities, universities, hospitals, and other businesses. Buy laboratory and technological equipment, electronic test and measurement equipment, telecommunications equipment, dietary and food service equipment, office furniture systems, power generation equipment, printing and copying equipment, vehicles, and recyclable materials, and more.