The Division of Education, Supervision and Instruction at Tougaloo College, Teacher Education Program is accredited by the Mississippi Department of Education and approved by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). This signifies that the graduates have been prepared according to accepted national standards of excellence and that the program meets the NCATE six standards in areas including program design, delivery, and quality of faculty.
Below are the links to Tougaloo's Professional Education Unit's NCATE Institutional Report, the official six standards, as well as the Professional Education Unit's Overview and Conceptual Framework.
This section sets the context for the visit. It should clearly state the mission of the institution. It should also describe the characteristics of the unit and identify and describe any branch campuses, off-campus sites, alternate route programs, and distance learning programs for professional school personnel.
- The Education Unit
- Conceptual Framework
- IR Overview Narrative [protected]
- Standard 1: Candidate Knowledge, Skills and Professional Dispositions
- Standard 2: Program Assessment and Unit Capacity
- Standard 3: Field Experiences and Clinical Practice
- Standard 4: Diversity
- Standard 5: Faculty Qualifications, Performance and Development
- Standard 6: Unit Governance and Resources