To apply to this certification program, the applicant should:
- Download, complete and save the pdf application for submission with your application packet by
clicking here. Electronic Signatures are accepted.
*Note: Application packet must be submitted by May 24, 2013 to be considered for the June 3, 2013 start date. Please email your application, resume and statement of purpose to email@example.com as soon as possible to begin processing.
- Submit official college or university transcript(s) from ALL accredited schools previously attended to the Office of Admissions using the following address:
Office of Admissions/HIMS Program
500 West County Line Road
Tougaloo, MS 39174
- Have evidence of a 3.00 cumulative grade point average from a college or university awarded undergraduate degree.
- Submit a resume or documentation of work history.
- Submit a Statement of Purpose (one page typed Ėdouble spaced, explanation of why applicant is seeking certification and how the certification will benefit the applicant).
- Submit evidence of proficiency in the English Language in verbal and written forms. (TOEFL-a minimum score of 500 required) ***Foreign applicants only.
- Pay a non-refundable $35.00 application fee, payable to Tougaloo College. (Write HIMS Application Fee in the memo section if paying by check or money order).
Students who do not meet the HIMS Post-Baccalaureate Certificate requirements listed above may appeal to the Admissions and Financial Aid Committees. In addition to the required documents, applicants must submit two (2) forms of recommendation (secure on-line by clicking here) from a former Professor, former or current Employer and show evidence of at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average and at least 1 year of healthcare, information technology or other related experience.
If applicant has obtained a Masterís Degree from an accredited school, they will be accepted provisionally with official transcript and recommendation forms are not needed. The provisional period is for the first term, in which the studentís academic progress is closely monitored by the Admissions Committee. After successful completion of the first term, provisional admission status will be moved to full admission status.
Acceptance decisions are based on the completed application packet information submitted. All applicants are not guaranteed admission. Tougaloo College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, in the administration of its educational, admissions and recruiting policies.
Tougaloo College operates on its historical commitment to providing a quality education to its students. Each student who applies to Tougaloo is reviewed carefully based on entrance requirements of the College. In choosing its student body, Tougaloo College does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, national origin, or personal disabilities.
Download Technology Requirements
Cost of Certification Program
The estimated cost per student is $3,500 (not including course materials) for the six-month Post Baccalaureate Certification Program in Health Informatics Management and Systems (HIMS). Some modules will require textbooks and other supplementary materials, which may be ordered online.