The Division of Continuing Education and Professional Studies replaces the Center for Adult Learning to provide programs and services specifically designed for non-traditional, adult learners. In collaboration with the other academic divisions, this Division provides administrative services and support for degree programs so that non-traditional students will be able to meet their educational goals more effectively. The Division provides administrative oversight for non-degree programs including Continuing Education Units (CEUs), certificate programs, and personal and professional enrichment programs. The primary purposes are:
- To promote and provide lifelong learning opportunities for adults, through degree programs and non-degree programs;
- To meet the needs of non-traditional students through an accessible, equitable, and excellent program of studies;
- To provide flexibility in course scheduling to accommodate the busy lifestyles of working adults;
- To provide and encourage effective ways for businesses/entrepreneurs to enhance the educational development of employees; and
- To enhance public awareness of the available educational opportunities.
Students, including prospective students, may request a meeting with the Division Director, to receive specific information or discuss individual goals about programs.